Poison Ivy Prevention:Treatment and prevention of poison ivy, sumac and oak rash. Shower immediately with Fels Naptha to remove the resin from skin. Launder your clothes in some shaved or grated fels naptha (1/16th of the bar) to remove the resin from your clothes. Poison Ivy resin can stay on your clothes for over 1 year even if the clothes have been washed with normal detergent. Insect Control: Solution - shave 1 inch of Fels Naptha bar in a nylon stocking and place it into a gallon of boiling water along with 4 oz. liquid dish soap(Ivory). Store as needed and shake well before use. It will have a gel-like consistency. Mix 1 cup of Fels Naptha Solution with 1 cup antiseptic mouthwash (mint flavored if nematodes are a problem) and 1 cup chewing tobacco juice. Spray with a 20-gal hose-end sprayer with a golf ball in it to keep mixture mixed. Follow-up with an application of Dursban or Diazinon, if needed. Homemade Laundry Detergent: 1st Recipe: 3 Pints Water 1/3 bar Fels Naptha Soap, grated 1/2 cup Washing Soda (Arm and Hammer, NOT baking soda) 1/2 cup 20 Mule Team Borax 2 Gallon bucket to mix it in 1 Quart hot water Additional Hot Water Mix Fels Naptha soap in a saucepan with 3 pints hot water and heat on low until dissolved. Stir in Washing Soda and Borax. Stir until thickened, and remove from heat. Add 1 Quart Hot Water to 2 gallon Bucket. Add soap mixture, and mix well. Fill bucket completely with additional hot water, and mix well. Set aside for 24 hours, or until thickens. Use 1/2 cup per load. 2nd Recipe: Water 1 bar grated Fels Naptha soap 5 gallon bucket 1 cup washing soda (Again, Arm and Hammer) 1 cup of 20 Mule Team Borax, 4 1/2 gallons water. Grated Fels in saucepan, cover with water. Heat low until dissolved. Fill bucket with hot water and add soap. Stir to combine. Add 1 cup washing soda, 1 cup Borax, mix well. Thickens as it cools. Can use immediately. 1/2 - 1 cup per load.
- Heavy Duty Laundry Bar Soap - Though it is NOT a hand soap, it can cut even the grimiest of messes. Wash hands with Fels Naptha to remove ink, grease, or a variety of other nasty stains.
- 4 pack of 5.5 oz. bars - 100 years of stain fighting power is found in this heavy duty laundry soap. Used everyday for poison ivy treatment, laundry, to rid plants of pests and remedy black spot fungus in roses.
- Effective soil and stain remover - Stain remover and pre-treater. Just rub the stain with a wet bar of Fels Naptha Soap. Let it sit for a while and launder as usual. - To clean paint brushes, simply drag the wet brush through a lathered bar of Fels Naptha and work in. Rinse well with warm water.
- Ideal for pre-treating stains - * To remove old stains on colored clothes, make a solution of 2 cups warm water and 1/2 cup white vinegar. Pour on stain. Let soak for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Rinse well and work in Fels Naptha Soap. Launder as usual.
- Powdered Laundry Detergent: 1 cup grated Fels Naptha Soap 1/2 cup washing soda 1/2 cup 20 mule team borax Mix and store in airtight container or bag. For normal loads, use 2 tablespoon. For heavy loads, use 3 tablespoons.