High tack rubber adhesive, 2.0 mil backing thickness, linered. Aluminum foil tape for difficult to adhere to surfaces such as low surface energy substrates, rated for UL 723. Resists flame, resists moisture, resists weather, resists UV degradation, chemical resistant tape, thermally conductive tape for heating and cooling efficiency, heat reflective tape, light reflective tape, conformable tape. Automotive, Aerospace, HVAC, Appliance, Military, Government, Defense, Marine, Metal Finishing, Electronics, Recreational Vehicle, Construction, General Industrial. Masking, sealing, seaming, shielding, chemical stripping, harness wrapping, joining, vibration damping, electroplating, plastic protection, chemical milling, heat shielding, heat reflecting, paint stripping. Scotch Aluminum Foil Tape 3311 is an excellent choice for general purpose repair and maintenance, and for temporary and emergency repair of metal surfaces. The sturdy foil backing is set on a paper liner to preserve the adhesive and aid in the ease of deployment. This tape resists flame, moisture, UV degradation, water vapor, odor and smoke transmission. It is also chemically resistant, thermally conductive, heat reflective and light reflective - making it an ideal choice for sealing aluminum faced insulation seams and joints. The conformable backing allows adhesion to a variety of substrates and wraps over the most irregular surfaces. When deployed, the tape acts as a vapor barrier to insure the integrity of insulation systems at the seams and joints. This versatile tape can be applied in most weather conditions, is UL 723 rated, and performs exceptionally well in a wide range of temperatures ranging from -10°F/12.2°C to 180°F/82.2°C.
- Resists flame, moisture, weather, UV degradation, some chemicals, water vapor and smoke transmission
- Can be used in most weather conditions and at a wide variety of temperatures
- Thermal conductivity helps cooling and heating efficiency, improving efficiency in systems
- Conformable backing and pressure sensitive rubber adhesive adheres to a variety of smooth or irregular surfaces
- Acts as a vapor barrier to insure the integrity of the insulation system